DIY Makeup Palette

If I can DIY, you can DIY.

After obsessing over makeup organization and Z palettes, I decided to make my own. It was super simple, and quite honestly the hardest part was finding a tin. 

I searched Target for a makeup tin (which the website says they sell... false) and Walmart for magnetic sheets and a makeup tin (yes magnetic sheets, no makeup tin).

After calling my mom about three times, she found a tin at home so I was set.

What you need
A tin
Magnetic sheets or magnetic strips
Exacto knife

Want to know what I realized WAY after the fact?
If you use a tin, you don't need to put the magnetic sheet in the tin because TIN IS MAGNETIC.

*Sigh* anyway, let's begin (please ignore the terrible picture quality - iPhone pictures at 9/10PM are not the move):

1. Grab your supplies

Yes, that is a Peppermint Bark tin. Yes, it is deeper than I originally wanted. Yes, it was free.

2. Remove Peppermint Bark from tin. Eat if your heart desires.

3. If you have a lapse of memory that tin is magnetic LIKE I DID, or if your container isn't magnetic, attach magnetic sheet by peeling off adhesive backing.

4. Using an exacto knife, remove pots from their original container. Peel adhesive backing off of the pots before attaching magnets.

5. Attach a small magnet to the back of each pot. I just cut small squaretangles.

6. Stick your makeup into your tin and voila, enjoy!

Share:

4 comments:

  1. Cool idea! Love the tin! :)
    - Mikéla simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I love that you can make it customizable to your colors/picks.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!