, ,

Five on Friday

Say what?!

Yes, I'm making a brief appearance and of course, it had to be when my favorite ladies - April, Christina, Darci and Natasha - linked up. 

{ONE}

ALL of my favorite bloggers have just become mamas or are about to become mamas, and I just can't handle it. (IRL friends people I went to school with are all preggo too) The cuteness of all the baby bumps, baby shopping... ugh, I die. Looks like all of y'all drank the water, so I'm just gonna sit back and drink some juice and live vicariously through y'all for now. However, go take a look over at some of the ladies and tell me they are not completely adorable and try not to catch baby fever too - Elise, Leslie, Marquis, Katie, Jessi, and Andrea. Of course this list doesn't include all the recent mamas, but if it did this list would be endless.



{two}

My birthday is in 18 days and I have absolutely no idea what I want to do, what I want, how old I'm tur.. well, I know that one. This past year has absolutely FLOWN by and it has been a crazy, yet exciting one. I feel so blessed to be alive and I'm super excited to see what this next year of life holds!

{three}
These boots.

             

I so greatly desire some over the knee boots.
But which ones to choose??

{four}

As this semester of school is finishing up, I have to do a very brief recap of some of my clinical rotations. Due to HIPAA, I can't disclose much anything about the people I've met, their specific stories, where I saw them or why they were there... But I can tell you that I've met some pretty amazing children, heard stories about living during the Depression and traveling overseas to backpack through Europe, had quite a few heart to hearts, and spent time with some patients I will never forget. This semester I've been to a psychiatric hospital, a children's hospital, spent some time on a labor and delivery unit, a family care unit, endoscopy, oncology and in the ICU. 

While I learned a lot from each unit, I really enjoyed the substance abuse unit at the psychiatric hospital, the children's hospital, labor and delivery and oncology. I've gained a ton of experience and I'm so excited that next semester I will be on one particular unit the entire time. Where will I end up next semester? I'll keep you posted...

Sans coffee, this is spot on.

{five}

I'm on a mission to lose weight. Yes, again (am I really ever not on this mission?). So I started working out yesterday, because hey, why not start just a few weeks before my birthday and when it's absolutely frigid outside which just means my bed is oh-so-much-better?

Gotta start somewhere right? This past spring, I lost a pretty good amount of weight, and I kept it off! That is, until school started. The ripping & running and studying in places through lunch and dinner meant that I have been eating ALL of the wrong things this semester and I'm on a mission to fix that. Despite where I'm studying, what I'm doing, whatever, I'm making it a point to come home and grab food that I have prepared (or a salad) before I go lock myself in the library for hours on end. This way, I'll eat healthier food than the pizza my study group likes to order.


Share:

5 comments:

  1. found you via the link up, loving your style :)

    Newest follower :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you’re so sweet, thank you girly! I just checked out your blog and I absolutely love it… so now you have a new follower as well :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for stopping by on my blog doll!! great post! and get yourself a pair of those booties ;)


    This Girl Loves Chic 

    Facebook : ThisGirlLovesChic 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Hershey bars are such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they precious? Whenever I decide to have children, I'll more than likely be incorporating chocolate into the gender reveal lol

      Delete

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!