,

I'm All Alone...

(I'm warning you... this is a long post)
I'm finally settled into my apartment and I have cable (yet no TV...) and internet! I have a ton to tell you, but I'll recap it over the next few days.

Sunday
Bright and early, my parents, brother and I made the trek to school to move me into my new apartment. Talk about exciteddd! Once we got everything here, Padre and I went to pick up the keys from the leasing office, which is about a 6 minute drive away. While we were there, he got a phone call from Momma.

Momma: The apartment isn't finished.
Padre: What do you mean?
Momma: It looks like they just got up and went to lunch. There's painter's tape everywhere, the floor is dusty, the place hasn't been cleaned, the blinds are missing, there's no tv, the paint's messed up, there are ladders bottles everywhere, there's a radio still on, and there are wires hanging out of the walls... It's not finished.








Um. What?!

Naturally, I panicked. Padre had specifically asked me if the apartment would be finished come move in day and I said "Of course!" Not good at all.

So we headed back to the apartment and decided just to clean off the counters and stack everything on them until the painter's came and fixed everything, the cleaners came and mopped, and the builders came to look at what hasn't been finished. 

Sidenote - This is not the same apartment I had been looking at every single time I came to visit. Notice the one sink instead of two, the lack of a hall closet, the placement of the fridge, etc. All last week I had been setting up water and power under the address the property manager gave me ONLY to find out that I was setting up water and power for someone else because my apartment number was actually **3 and not **7 -__-

After dropping all of my furniture off, my entire family waved goodbye and left me with this:




I was left to my own devices to move this big couch by myself.. le sigh.

I honestly didn't even feel like unpacking anything because the floors still weren't clean and the painters still hadn't come but eventually, they did. The cleaners came that night around 6, so I unpacked and set up all but a few bags/boxes after they left (the painters came the next morning). 




I thought I was going to cook that night, but my friend invited me over for pizza, which really helped since my legs were so sore and swollen from not sitting down all day and moving constantly and I was SO HUNGRY. I came back home that night and attempted to crash into my bed, but I had too much on my mind, so no sleep for this girl. The sun also decided to wake me up at a lovely 6:15 the next morning.

Discovered this bad boy Sunday night... No clue how they appeared, but my legs are COVERED in bruises
Oh hey 6 AM....

One other AWESOME thing I have in my apartment is the Nest. I had read about it over on Young House Love about a week ago and thought it was the coolest thermostat, but knowing I would never have one because they're so gosh-darn expensive. Lo and behold my eyes when I moved in:


Stay tuned for Monday and Tuesday's escapades and also more on the Nest!
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!