, ,

Friday is the Best Day


Kudos to these link ups ladies: DarciChristina, Natasha and April

It's a bit of a mash up of things I loved about this week and things I'm looking forward to in the next few days.

Donuts
If you read yesterday's post, you already know how thankful I was for my donuts this week. Aside from the 30 lbs I probably gained from eating them, they made this girl happy (and that's all that really matters anyway).


A Chance to Relax
After the most scressful stressful two weeks, I have emerged alive and breathing. No one ever really knows what other people are going through these days, so when I tried explaining how drained I felt to anyone, I ended up getting frustrated at them for not getting it even though it wasn't their fault. Well Wednesday and Thursday I "had off," which in all honesty means I just have to do work from home instead of at the hospital or at school, but I decided to make Thursday "No Nursing Day." And aside from finishing up my research paper and getting a new car tire, it was a blissfully empty day.
Much needed.
Much deserved if I do say so myself.



Dad's surprise
Y'all. My dad is doing the sweetest thing ever for my momma for her birthday! I really wish I could tell y'all what it is, but Momma reads this blog from time to time, so shhhh….

I'll tell y'all on next week's 5 on Friday.

Seeing my friends
After these past few crazy hectic, stress-filled weeks, I am SO happy for a chance to see a few of my friends. Like, truly beyond happy. I still have to do a lot of school work this weekend, which tuh never changes BUT I will be able to spend less time working and more time catching up and enjoying the beautiful weather*. And Lord knows I'll take that anyway.

God's grace
I told y'all briefly yesterday that I really feel like I've been going through it these past couple of weeks, but I had a conversation with one of my friend's last night and he said to me, "Allison, do you know what you need?" I responded with "Jesus," to which he said "Yes, you need grace."
So right then and there on the phone, I asked for God's grace. We prayed and decided that what I really needed to do was ask for God's help in every aspect that I felt I was losing myself/my mind in - so physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

I still feel like I have a lot on my mind and it's definitely affecting me (helloooo daily headaches) but I've decided to 1) pray so much more than I currently do, 2) trust that God's plan is, and always will be better than my own plan, 3) start changing my life to help improve how I feel.

Today, I'm going to workout *insert shocked face* (mental and physical - check). I booked a trip to Mexico this summer with one of my girlfriends (future mental - check). I'm going to spend time with my friends this weekend (mental and emotional - check). And I'll be watching my TD Jakes sermons and continuing to follow the Known journey in my Bible this weekend (spiritual - check).

Have a great weekend y'all!

* - Georgia weather is known for being ALL over the place
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!