,

12 weeks.

12 weeks.
84 days.
I have exactly 12 weeks until I leave for Playa del Carmen.


That's right, this girl is going to Mexico!

With that being said, this girl needs to get into Mexican-sunshine-beating-down-my-back/face/stomach shape.

So yesterday, I began my journey to fitness. I walked 1.5 miles (not anything to holler about if you're a fitness buff, but for me, the most I walk is around the hospital for work). Today, I have a whole circuit to do.

I'll get back to you on how that goes, but I'm trying to remain positive about this whole journey. I would love to get into shape, become active and enjoy working out and just live a healthier life overall. My trouble? Motivation. After working 12 hour shifts and desperately needing to study for upcoming tests, I would rather spend 30 minutes vegging out on my couch than running or working out. Yes, I know - lazy. 

I own it.

But I would love to be beach body ready, so I have to change something. The foods I eat aren't going to be the easiest thing to change because eating healthy, or organic like my mother, is not that cheap. At. All. And your girl here is on a strict budget. One that has me saying "I just bought clothes with my food money, so I guess it's Ramen noodles for the rest of the month." (True story. Multiple times.)

I started the Bikini Body Program by Muffin Topless as recommended by my sister who is also doing it with me and she had fantastic results last summer. I'm praying that I have similar results, but I know that by not following her strict 1500 calorie diet to a T (hello, college budget again and I don't eat seafood), my results may be a little different. Yesterday was technically a day for rest on this program, but I felt kind of lazy about starting a new workout plan and resting on the first day. 

Today is day 2 of 84. 

Wish me luck!
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!