,

In the Midst...




In the midst of a snowy, windy, icy day here in Georgia (that's being threatened with a large chance of power outages), I've managed to get a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. This morning, I awoke with four things on my list of things to do before any chance of the power going out: take pictures in/of the snow/ice, retake my pharmacology quiz, watch TD Jakes, and make some food. Well, as I was getting on the internet to take my quiz, my most visited sites popped up before I could type in the site I need to go to. What was number 1 you may ask? Why, Facebook of course. So of course, being that early in the morning (it was 9:30), I decided why not peruse the site a little before I don't have the chance to. Besides a bunch of nothingness on my timeline, I stumbled across two wonderful, beautifully written blog posts about engagement and marriage, one over on Wordpress and another over on Mo Isom's blog. that I stumbled upon over on Wordpress. These posts were truly something that made me smile like no other and I feel like it'll make many of y'all smile as well.

After reading those posts, I changed my morning list. Instead of immediately jumping back online to retake my pharmacology quiz (which I got a 76% on the first time…), I decided to actually read the chapters the quiz covers instead of skimming them. So far, 3 chapters down, 3 to go. I did yoga to both wake my body up and take my mind off of the pressure of life and school. I started dinner, and yes, it's 12:40, but if I have no power, at least I'll have real food tonight and not cookies and cold, canned soup.

Next on my list for the day?
Pray.
Spend time with my Creator and just thank Him for all that He has done for me.
Practice more yoga.
Get into the Word by watching some of TD Jakes' sermons.
Finish reading and take my quiz.

Class may have been cancelled and work at the hospital may have been called off for me, but that doesn't mean I should be unproductive.
And hey, if I get a little more "me" time that I thought I would, I'll sneak in an episode of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix ;)

Share your thoughts! Did you enjoy reading the article? Why or why not?
Share:

2 comments:

  1. Yoga is such a nice way to get your mind off things and focus on your body like you said. Your blog is lovely!

    xo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!