,

What's In Your Bag?

Last Friday night, I decided to stay over at my sister's house since we had a race bright and early the next morning. Now I'm not an avid runner so I don't know exactly what should be in a "race day' bag, but I do know how to throw some things in my purse and manage not to forget a single thing. 



Starting in the lower right corner and going in a counterclockwise spiral:

Bag
Gotta throw all of these "essentials" into something, amirite?

Running pants and shorts
I never know if my body will decide it wants to be freezing or a sauna come race day, so I always throw both into my bag.

Moisturizer and deodorant
These should go without saying.

Contacts, contact solution and contact case
I've tried running in glasses before and failed, epically.

Mini first aid kit
White box; the nurse in me (or maybe it's the klutz) always needs bandaids on standby.

Lotion
Several reasons but mainly I hate being ashy and I like being the color I was born to be.

Pens
It never fails that I always have to sign something and no one EVER has a pen.

Car keys
Well... We aren't going anywhere without these. 

Chapstick
Need kissy face fresh lips all the time.

Mascara
I'm self conscious about wearing contacts and my eyeballs blending in with my face.

Glasses case
Gotta put the glasses away when the contacts come out to play. 

Toothbrush and toothpaste
Minty fresh so I don't scare away the boys my sister.

Socks
Please try running without socks on and let me know how that goes. 

Plastic bags and rubber bands
Honestly, I have no idea how these got in there. 

Candy
Rule #1 as mom-friend of the group is that one must always carry snacks and/or candy.

Melatonin and Advil
I don't know what a normal sleep cycle is, but I know all too well what headaches are.

Earphones
Usually not used when I race since I run with my sister, but I have used them to tune out conversations she's having on the phone. Or watch youtube videos. 

Water
Stave off the thirst.

Gum
This is actually rare because I never buy gum. Easter egg gum was a gift from my professor.  

Alcohol/Sani wipes 
Nurse/Mom-friend of group. Must be sanitary.

Wallet
Money, ID, debit card, life... No biggie.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!