,

Fresh Beginnings

I haven't written much about my life since I've done these letters. There really isn't too much new with me, but I have begun to try and find direction in my life...

College applications and scholarships are all looming. With senior year [SENIORS] already here and already going by quickly, I know I need to get a move on.

I went to Notre Dame a few weeks ago and it really changed my life. As one of forty students chosen in the nation to participate in the Seminar for African American Scholars, I got a chance to experience all the ND has to offer and was given priority with my college application. Here, I got to listen to lectures from renowned lecturers, sit in on college classes, party with fellow students (hey Rayven and Iheanyi!), go to Chicago, go to a baseball game, learn about myself, sleep in dorms, build some of the most amazing bonds with 43 other people, all in just a week. I was also reintroduced to the Church, though it wasn't forced down my throat, and that made me want to try and find my faith again. I have come to the conclusion that I am not a practicing Catholic and am probably Agnostic. I met people who have changed my life in more ways than I can imagine or even list, and they've opened my eyes to what is in store for my future.

Since then and since I've been reconsidering what I'm going to do regarding graduation, I've done a lot of "cleansing." Maybe it's more like purging. I'm getting rid of people who don't enhance me, don't challenge my mind, don't encourage me and don't support me. The people who bring me down aren't needed and I don't feel that they don't need an explanation as to why I don't want to associate with them anymore; just a "goodbye, I wish the very best for you in all that you choose to do in the future. God bless."
Share: