,

First Fall Meal


And who said cooking for one had to be boring?

This past week has been soooo frigid in the mornings and so warm during the day, but I have just been freezing no matter what time it is. I literally get out of the shower in the morning and wrap a blanket around my towel'd self just to stay warm.

So to combat all this coolness, I decided it was time to make some chili. 

You heard me. Chili. White chili with rice and cornbread.

Your mouth watering yet? Cause mine is.

My mom has been making this chili for YEARS and I never knew it was a Publix Aprons recipe, but I'm sure glad it was because I could look it up without bugging her (too much...).


Now I'll tell you this much, I didn't make cheddar cornbread like the recipe calls for. I made regular ol' Jiffy deliciousness. Quick and easy. I also made 2 cups of Uncle Ben's original white rice. 

Scoop the rice and chili into a bowl and top the chili with some cheddar cheese. 

Eat to your heart's content. 


(P.S the recipe is linked to the word "recipe" above!)

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!