, ,

A Much Needed Escape

As most of you know, I've been studying my life away for the past 8 months. I've had weeks where I felt like jumping off a bridge 6 times over (don't worry, I would never) and many mornings where I contemplated not getting out of bed and just dropping out of school.

Though I always know that God's plan is SO much better and greater than anything I could plan for myself, it's moments like those above that I am fervently praying to Him to please keep reminding me of this. To be honest, I'm also crazily praying for a moment to myself where I don't have to study and can enjoy one of these beautiful, sunny days (which has been quite rare here in Athens). And of course, He always delivers. 

Not only did I get a weekend where I didn't have a quiz or test to study for, I also got TWO sunny days!

Praise Him.

So, Thursday I went running since it was beautiful out and then straightened my hair. That night I went out with my old college roommate to celebrate her birthday and catch up since we hadn't seen each other in a few months.





Friday, my friend Brittany got us great tickets to go to the Hawks v. Pelicans game and we decided to maximize our time out by going to the mall and Atlantic Station prior, and out to get drinks/dance afterward. 







Then Saturday and Sunday I spent with my family and dogs.
Not one book was opened.
Not one grade was looked at.
Not one paragraph of my research paper was typed (oops...)
'Twas bliss.



Just for kicks, here is how many steps I took IN HEELS on Friday...

Let's just say, that these lil piggies hurt BAD.
 Ah well, it's the price I decided to pay.

I hope y'all had a wonderfully blessed and relaxing weekend!

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!