It's Daddy's Day!


To the first man who ever loved me,

You taught me how to ride a bike, how to shoot a basketball, kissed my boo boos when I was young, fought off guys you didn't think were worthy (still happening), and suffered through teaching me how to drive.

Time and time again you have shown me what it means to be a good man, a loving husband and a devoted father. You have supported me in all of my decisions, even when you weren't 100% on board with them and for that, I can't thank you enough. Thank you for allowing me enough space to stumble and trip, but never being so far away that I'm not caught before I fall flat on my face.

You may not know it, but I cherish every single moment we spend together, even when it's just short talks in your office, out on the porch, over the phone or brief texts back and forth while I'm away at school. You are my first love, always my protector, and the logic to my woman-brain. Sometimes I may act like you're not the smartest man I've ever known, but we both know that's not true. You've taught me more about life, love, relationships and handling money than any textbook or website could.

I am so thankful that I was blessed with you as my dad and that our bond has gotten so much stronger as I've gotten older. I hope you have an amazing birthday, I love you more than you know.

Love, 
Your Little Girl
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!