, ,

On The Run to New Orleans pt. 1

Last week I talked about how I went to New Orleans and absolutely lost my mind had so much fun! My friend, Brittany, and I left for our long journey at 9:00 PM Thursday night with an expected arrival time of 4:46AM...


After we arrived at my friend John's house at 4:30AM New Orleans time on Friday (btw, they're an hour behind Atlanta so it's 5:30AM to this body), I woke up the whole house looking for blankets, Brittany fell asleep in an instant and I attempted to act like I could go to bed even though I had just driven 8 hours and felt like my mind was running a marathon.


We were then woken up at 7:30 by one of John's friends going to work, then again at 9:30 when John had to go to work. Needless to say we were wide awake, albeit tired as all get out.

Since it was raining all day, Brittany and I hung out at the house and relaxed. John took us to a drive-thru daiquiri place and we found out that if the police pull you over, you're okay as long as your straw isn't in your drink... Oh New Orleans. That night, John's friend Gina was having a birthday dinner in Baton Rouge, so the three of us ventured the hour and some change to meet up with her group. 

Friday Night
 Dinner at P.F Chang's, a night out on the town in the land of LSU (LSWho? #GeauxDawgs), bringing one of the birthday guests back to New Orleans so she could catch her 5:00AM flight, IHOP at 4:30AM and going to bed at 5:30AM



Saturday morning, Brittany and I were woken up by John bursting in our room at 11:00AM saying, "wake up, y'all just gonna sleep the day away?" and then him going back to his room to sleep for the rest of the day (insert stale face). We decided to explore New Orleans and head to Bourbon Street. 

We stopped at Cafe du Monde.


Oohed and ahhed at all of the beautiful architecture and the bike gang we saw roll up.



Grabbed a grenade and a po'boy.


And we even met Ashley from A Faithful Passion! 
(girl, why didn't we get a picture..) 

Saturday Night
Gina and her best friend that we had met the night before joined the three of us for our New Orleans escapades. We hit up Ohm LoungeBarcadia, Metropolitan Night Club, and Republic (where we saw a fight and let ourselves back into the club since the bouncer wasn't paying attention to us) before heading to Daisy Dukes for a 4:30AM dinner/breakfast at which I promise you I almost fell asleep 5 times. 

Also, guess who didn't get any pictures from this night? THIS GIRL. bad blogger

The vast number of pictures I share in my next and last post about NOLA should hopefully make up for this though... because on the last day of my trip, I went to see BEYONCE (the actual reason I trekked to NOLA).

I know I haven't even began to scratch the surface of all that New Orleans had to offer; I really wanted to see the HUGE cemeteries, the 9th Ward which is still devastated from Katrina, and go on a swamp tour.  

Have any of y'all been to New Orleans before? What'd you think of it?
Share:

1 comment:

  1. It was sooooo nice meeting you!! :-)
    Would you like to swap buttons??

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!