,

Sometimes I Struggle

For those who know me personally, being single is something I have a love/hate relationship with (don't we all?). Seeing people I went to high school with in relationships, getting engaged or married, having babies (not even slightly envious of this at the moment), it's hard not to want someone for myself to experience life with. I used to pray all the time - seriously, all the time - asking God to bring a God-fearing man into my life that challenges me to be better and to do more. While I still want someone like that, I've become happy being single. Like legitimately. I've spent time in the Word, time with myself, time with God just praying for Him to show me qualities about myself that I haven't already found. While I know that one day, I will have the man God wants for me, in this moment right now, I can honestly say that I am okay. Last semester, a classmate shared this with the women in our small group and I fell in love with it, so I had to share it with y'all:
Here's to all my single ladies out there:
"Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone, to have a deeper soul relationship with another, to be loved thoroughly and exclusively. But to be a Christian, God says:
No, not until you are satisfied and fulfilled and content with living, loved by Me alone, and with giving yourself totally and unreservedly to Me... to have an intensely personal and unique relationship with Me, the one who designed you, created you, and blessed you. I love you My child, and until you discover that only in Me is your satisfaction and fulfillment to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. I have a perfect love planned for you, in which I play a significant role... a relationship free of any other desires or longings. As difficult as it may seem at times, I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan existing... one that you cannot imagine. I want you to have the best. Please allow Me to bring it to you!
You just keep watching Me, expecting the greatest things. Keep experiencing the satisfaction of knowing that I am taking care of you. Keep listening to my word. Keep learning the things that I tell you. For now, you must wait. Don't be anxious. Don't worry. don't look around at the things others have gotten or what I have given to them. Don't look at things you think you want. You just keep looking up to Me, or you will miss what I want to show you. And then, when you are ready, I will surprise you with a love far more wonderful than any you would ever dream. You see, until you are ready, and until you are satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I have prepared for you, you will not be able to experience an earthly love that exemplifies your relationship with Me, which is perfect love. And, dear one, I want you to have this most perfect and wonderful love. I want you to see in the flesh a picture of me... and to enjoy the everlasting warmth, beauty, and perfection of love that I offer you with Myself. Know that l love you always, I am God Almighty, believe and be satisfied.
Pray for your future spouse, and know that I am working even now, this minute, to have both of you ready at the same time... My child, you have no idea of the plans I have for you!"

Just remember that you aren't alone. God's plans are so much greater than your own so prepare yourself!
Share:

1 comment:

  1. I have DEF struggled with this, too! I know that when God feels the time is right He will bring the right guy into my life so until then I am just working on myself. That is really all we can do! It'll happen in due time and when you least expect it! Until then... enjoy the single life so when you do become committed you wont feel you are missing out! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!