, ,

An Eye for an Eye

I made a most wondrous dish for dinner today - chicken and roasted broccoli (recipe to follow).
While that's probably a very basic dish for many of you, as it is for me, I was just trying to make something with ingredients already in my possession. 

So envision this:
You're cooking chicken, roasting broccoli, the world is grand when all of a sudden... 

*crackle pop pop pop*

... oil flies straight out of a pan onto your arm (you jump a tad) and then into your eyeball (you jump backwards into the fridge and turn dramatically like you just got slapped in the face).

Yeah, that happened.

As I'm typing this, my eye is burning and sore.
But my food was good y'all!

Anywho, on to the roasted broccoli which was DELICIOUS.

I adapted this recipe (remember, I used what I had) and came up with this:


Here are the completely scientific measurements of the ingredients I used

1 12 oz. bag of FROZEN broccoli 
½ tsp. salt
Dash of garlic powder
2 tbsp. canola oil
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
3 shakes of parmesan cheese

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 F
  2. Dump frozen broccoli into a bowl, remove ice chunks but leave little broccoli crumbs.
  3. Put everything into the bowl with the broccoli EXCEPT the oil and stir. 
  4. Pour a tbsp. of oil into the mix and stir. Add more to your liking (just trying to cover the broccoli in deliciousness here). It's okay if everything is coated, it'll still be good, promise.
  5. Grease a baking sheet or whatever you wanna put these bad boys on and proceed to dump (carefully - which is something I didn't do and ended up with broccoli crumbs everywhere) contents of bowl onto/into baking sheet/pan. Put whatever didn't stick to broccoli on top of the pieces that seem to be lacking. 
  6. Put in oven.
  7. Wait 15 minutes and let broccoli bake/roast. Your house will smell good. You will want to open the oven and eat immediately. Don't.
  8. After 15 minutes, take out and flip broccoli over and cook another 10-15 minutes (I did 10).
  9. Eat and enjoy immediately. Just don't burn yourself taking the sheet out of the oven like I did. 
Eat up!
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!