, ,

National Women's Health Week


Woohoo!

It's National Women's Health Week, and what better way to celebrate than by empowering women to take control of their health.

And I'm not just saying that as a newly graduated nurse.... ;)

Though this is the week of awareness, it's important to take care of your health each and every day!
So although I'm posting this at the end of the week, the following are ways to take control of your health any week of the year:

Screenings 
including annual breast and pelvic exams
Get active 
heck, join me on this challenge! I just did day 1 yesterday!
Eat healthy
fruits, veggies and lean meats are ideal
Get enough sleep
aka try for at least 7-8 hours
Manage stress
avoid stressful people, learn relaxation techniques
Avoid smoking, drinking (at least not in excess people!) and texting & driving
Wear sunscreen 
seriously do it. you don't want skin cancer

Find out additional information on steps to take to care for your health based on your age here.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!