30 DLC: Day 17- Someone from your childhood

To someone from my childhood:
There are many dear friends and acquaintances from my childhood, but I feel the need to write this specific girl a letter.

I've known you for 15 years and though you and I haven't always gotten along, we are still close. Recently, a tragic event occurred and you lost your brother. Your brother was like my brother. I've watched him grow up and become a nuisance, a pest, a bother, then a young man, a college student, an intellectual, and then an adult. You and I have always lived very parallel lives and I am always here for you. I miss you and I know when you go off to Alabama for school, you'll be dealing with a lot of weight on your shoulders. Keep in mind that you are a strong, beautiful young lady who is loved by many. Surround yourself with people that care about you and no one else. You deserve more than that. I love you. I miss you. I"m here for you. I'm praying for you.

Share: