30DLC: Day 3- Your Parents

To my parents,
You guys are great. Sometimes I feel you're overbearing and you take the jokes and sarcasm way too far, but y'all are cool. Mom, I appreciate everything you've done for me, but I wish would just r e l a x and take a moment to slow down and enjoy life. I feel like you're always on the go. Dad, I appreciate everything you have done for me, but I wish you'd believe me when I say some guys are just my friends. I know you were once their age and I know you know how they think, but did it ever occur to you that they aren't interested? I know I'm your little girl and I know you're just trying to protect me, but I have to grow up at some point and you won't always be able to control who I hang out with. You and mom have both instilled good values and morals in me and I carry myself in a way that would hopefully make you guys proud. You both have taught me a lot and I've grown a lot from hearing your stories and learning from my mistakes... tell more stories. Though I may not want to sit and hear them and it may not look like I'm listening, I am. I apply what y'all tell me in my life and if they help with what I'm going through, the stories are much appreciated. If the stories don't help at that particular moment in time, I keep it stored in my mind just in case I need help with something else.
 I love you guys.
Share: