,

Have You?


Looking back throughout my life, I've noticed that I spent all of my time talking about my issue with whomever close to me would listen. This includes my best friends, my boyfriends, my mom, literally anyone I "trusted."

Phillipians 3:6 says, "Be anxious for nothing, but everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

So WHY have I not been doing this? 

As I've grown in my walk with Christ, I've realized that I have to pray more than I talk. I just have to. It's absolutely necessary. God knows SO much more than we do and He's planned so many great things for our lives, but by listening to the advice of anyone willing to listen to my problems, I'm choosing to follow my own path rather than His and that's wrong. God tells us in Deuteronomy 30:17-18, 
"If, however, you turn away your hearts and will not listen, but are led astray and adore and serve other Gods, 
I tell you now that you will certainly perish;"

I'm not saying any of this to scare anyone, but I'm quickly learning to trust Jesus Christ instead of the people around me to give me the answers I so desperately want (in due time). 

Last Saturday night my world was flipped for a little while and I've been praying to God so much about being anxious, but that I trust His decision. HOW was I trusting His decision if I was anxious and asking my Christian friends for advice?

The answer?

I wasn't.

I'm only human and I make mistakes, so I forgive myself for not fully trusting God's plan. From now on though, be anxious for nothing. Worry about nothing. God knows what He is doing.

I apologize for not having #WordlessWednesday, but I'll have a #ThinkAboutItThursday instead.

Much love.

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!