, ,

The Weekend Recap

So this part Friday, my friend wanted me to go to the Lil Wayne concert. To be completely honest, I had no desire to go. I don't care for Lil Wayne enough for me to want to pay any amount of money over $15 to go see him (hey, I saw KDot for $10 and I can see almost any rapper for free at a frat party). So instead, we decided to head to good ole Athens for a girl's night and meet up with two of my other girlfriends. 

((Of course since I was there, I HAD to check in on the apartment and it is coming along beautifully!))




So at my friend's pre game, a TON of the boys came by to say hey and pregame with us. I got to see some people I hadn't seen in forever, which is always great. After a few hours partying it up at the apartment, we parted ways with the boys and had about a 30 minute girl's only pregame which was hilarious! 

Downtown Athens was great - pretty much as it always is - besides the humidity. I had such a great time with these girls (the pictures are missing one of my sweet girls) and I can't wait to see them again!

Excuse how chunky I look and look at the beauty of my friends...
I've known her since we were 7!


Saturday I rushed back home so I could make it to a friend's basketball game on the south side and by the grace of God, I made it both home and to his game early! It was great to watch him play, as always, and I even filmed over half the game. Afterwards, I came home and crashed. I was honestly so tired from the night before and getting up so early to come back home, but all of it was worth it. 

This morning, I woke up too late to make it to church, but that didn't stop me from attending the live stream of the main church (the one I attend is a satellite of this Michigan-based church). This service was much needed. I spent about 2 hours listening, writing, praising and worshipping and I loved it. It's such a different feel to "attend" church from home, but I needed the Word and I was gonna get it no matter what today. 

I also spent some time with my family today watching "UP," which Momma cried during. It's definitely not a kid's movie, so while I wouldn't advise any of you to rent it for your children, I would DEFINITELY recommend that all of you watch it. The love this man has for his wife is undying and beautiful.

God bless you all!


Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!