,

Graduation/Birthday Party

This weekend was truly a blessing.

On Friday, Momma and I went apartment shopping (as we have done for the past couple of Fridays) and finally picked up my bedding, mixing bowls, and a few other accessories. My uncle got in from New York a little after lunchtime, while my sister and her boyfriend came down from D.C and Canada later that night. We all talked and laughed and truly just enjoyed each other's company. 

Saturday was Padre and uncle's birthday/Brother's graduation celebration. Though we already had a semi-full house with Momma, Padre, Brother, sister and boyfriend, uncle and myself, the festivities didn't truly begin until Brother's girlfriend, my sister and her husband, the 3 babies, my aunt, my cousin, and a long lost cousin and his girlfriend showed up.

Let's count how many that is. 
I got 17.
Let's not forget the 4 dogs too. 

It was wonderful to see everyone and to have so many people gather together and really just enjoy each other's company. We were still missing A LOT of people from both sides of the family, but hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll get a lot of them down here next year. 

Momma made me in charge of the fruit salad (among other things) and she asked demanded I make a scalloped fruit bowl out of a watermelon though I've never cut any fruit before... So I did.





Not too shabby if I must say so myself. 

The spread offered soooo many delicious things to choose from, I probably gained 20 pounds just looking at it. 

After much of the family had eaten and while the babies were swimming, about 8 of us decided to play Catchphrase as we do at every family gathering. Let me just tell you, this game is fun by itself. Add 6 drunk people and it's even more entertaining to hear/see how they describe the word we're supposed to guess. We divided into Team Young and Team Old. About 4 rounds of Catchphrase passed before someone suggested Flip Cup.

Let's just say this was a disaster to watch. As someone who doesn't like beer and doesn't drink like that, I couldn't really see the fascination. I watched for maybe 5 rounds at how drunk (or should I say how much more drunk) everyone got. I only played the last round, when I got tagged in because one of the players couldn't do it anymore, before everyone decided to "take a break" (i.e never play again that night). 

We all went and ate some more, watched Brother open graduation gifts, played pool, listened to music, and just hung out. 

Sunday I went to the hospital to visit a family member. We had received the news during the party that they were rushed to the ER and then admitted into ICU, but we were told that there wasn't anything we could do until they were stabalized. Sunday was that day. I won't go into detail because I don't feel as though it's information I should/want to share at the time. However, prayers for my family are greatly appreciated. God works in mysterious, wonderful ways and I know that His Will will be done in any and all circumstances, especially this one. Most of you dont't know me personally, but that shouldnt stop you from saying a quick little prayer. Please, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Any who, I have a lot to do today, but also this week before I move out in 6 days. I'll probably be posting once or twice more before you all get to see the unveiling of my new apartment!

Remember, we are all God's children. He never left us, we left Him. He's waiting for you to come back and it's never too late to go back to your Father. 

God Bless and keep me and mine in your prayers as I keep all of you and yours in my prayers.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!