,

Pizza in the Morning, Pizza in the Evenin'

Disclaimer - I am a member of BzzAgent and through this program, I receive products and/or coupons (usually for free). In return, I give my opinion on the products either by word of mouth, twitter, Facebook or sometimes.... here on my blog! *insert shocked face*


Who doesn't love pizza? I know I am a sucker for some pizza, especially when it's cheap and when it's delicious. Now, I don't have Celiac's disease,  meaning I can eat gluten without issue however when asked to review Freschetta's Gluten Free pizza, I couldn't say no. Why? Because, well... it's pizza and I also love Freschetta pizza. I tried the 4 Cheese Medley (also comes in pepperoni), which retails for $9.99 at my local Kroger.

Side note - not every store carries gluten free pizza, so check the website

(sorry for the sucky picture quality, haven't used this camera in forever and lighting was awful)




Now I'm a lover of thick crust pizza, but I have my moments where thin crust is calling my name. In this instance, the pizza looked and smelled like any other frozen pizza and the thin crust was screaming my name.



I put this pizza on a baking sheet and into the oven on 450 degrees for 13 minutes, right between the allotted 12-15 minute mark. When I took the pizza out, it smelled delicious but looked crispy around the edges. I like burnt food, so honestly I didn't care. It cut just like a normal pizza (I don't know what I expected it to cut like) but after taking my first bite, it did not taste like a normal pizza to me. I was none too pleased. 

The pizza was saucy - in a tomato-bell-peppery-but-no-other-spice-or-herb sense. I couldn't taste the cheese at all, but felt the chewy, slight gooeyness of it, and while the outer underside of the crust was crispy, the inner underside was still almost white. 


The pizza didn't get better as I ate more, so I doctored it up with some garlic salt and was much happier. It was still saucy and no real cheese flavor was present, but there was more spice flavor now. 

While I know of a few other people who tried this people and were in love, it just wasn't for me. t don't think I did anything wrong - I put the pizza in at the temperature it called for, within the time frame specified and simply was unhappy with the results. 

Would I recommend this pizza? Well no, probably not. It was void of any real flavor that I desire in a pizza but maybe the pepperoni version is better.

If y'all have had it before, did you like it?
Do you know anyone with a gluten allergy?
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!