,

Pictures Tell a Thousand Words

And boy do I have some pictures for y'all!

But first, I have to recover from whatever I got in Mexico. I think I had an allergic reaction to the mosquitos (only me...) and my arm and legs became swollen on Friday and Saturday nights. My throat also became swollen and I couldn't breathe as well as usual. Talk about an adventure for my last two nights. Saturday night I got stabbed with an Epi Pen (which I caught on camera) and unfortunately, my symptoms didn't subside. I decided not to seek medical attention in Mexico and I have yet to go to the doctor. BUT I have made an appointment for Friday so I can see what's going on with me. 

All that to say, pictures WILL be coming, just give me a minute to get healthy again first. 

Let me share something with y'all: I have never checked a piece of luggage as long as I can remember. I have always traveled with just one small carry-on and a purse. With all of my clothing rolled, toiletries in a gallon-sized ziploc and shoes stuffed neatly into my suitcase, all that's left is stuff I throw into my purse and I thought it might be cool to share what's inside when I travel. 


1. Wallet/clutch
This came in handy more than I thought it would. I ended up using it instead of carrying my purse around the resort and all of Mexico. Inside, I had the hotel key, the towel cards, my insurance and a few dollars to tip the waitresses and bartenders. 

2. Peso coins
Apparently when you pay for food at Cancun International Airport with US dollars, you get change back as pesos. 

3. Customs forms, boarding passes, receipt from Los Rancheros, luggage tag
What's the saying? Pictures or it didn't happen? Well I definitely have pictures, but I also have receipts and other evidence of proof. No surprise that when traveling, you accumulate mountains of receipts, papers and now useless junk in your purse. 

4. Head scarf
Had straight hair the night before going to Mexico so I had to wrap my hair that night. First day in Mexico --> Instant curls. 

5. The purse
Self-explanatory. Big black hole to hold it all.

6. Glasses case
I ended up wearing my glasses a lot and my contacts hardly at all. The one day I wore them we went hiking the ruins and my eyes burned for HOURS afterwards, and even hurt the next morning. So right then and there I decided to nix contacts on this vacation. 

7. Deodorant
I could not live without deodorant. I applied it at least 5 times a day on this trip. 

8. Pad/tampons
Always smart to carry these even when not on your period. You or your friend might start and it could be tragic if you don't have anything handy.

9. Retainer
Had braces YEARS ago, supposed to wear this bad boy a lot more than I do... Oops. Brought it in case I decided to wear it and that so didn't happen at all.

10. Medicine
I have motion sickness like it's nobody's business so I made sure to pack any and every nausea med I could get away with.

11. Passport
Can't leave the country without it. If I didn't pack anything else but this, that actually would have been okay... Kinda sucky, but at least I'd of made it out of The States.

12. Headphones
Music, music, music, block out screaming babies on plane, music music, music.

13. Sunglasses
Cause it's the beach... 

14. Chapstick
LIFESAVER. Sand, salt, sun, water makes a girls lips dry. Best invention ever.

15. Hair ties and headband
I have a head full of hair and when it's 729486 degrees and humid, this hair needs to be on top of my head and off of my face.

16. Camera, camera case and camera charger
All essentials when you go on vacation, even though I used my phone to snap more pictures than my actual camera... shame. But, you have to capture the moment, duh.

17. Mirror
Because what girl doesn't want to make sure she doesn't have food stuck in her teeth or eye boogers

18. Pen I took from the Barcelo Hotel. 
Apparently you need to fill out immigration and customs forms going into Mexico and NO ONE on the plane had a pen (seriously, the flight attendants had to lend out their 3 pens for all of us to use). So being that I have little patience and knew I'd need to fill out documents to get back into the US, I took the hotel pen. Did I need it? No... Of course not.

Not pictured? Lotion because I took it out to use it and never put it back (whoops), iPhone, iPad and charger for both of those because they were both charging at the time.
Share:

2 comments:

  1. awe poor thing I am so sorry to here about the bit.. girl it happens to me but just not as bad..!
    _Bright
    You bag must of been full with all these things .. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are some great travel essentials if anything a must have when traveling.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate reading each of your comments and I always reply to comments either by email (if you have one) or in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by!